Lady GaGa… not necessarily a celeb look your average girl-next-door would like to copy. From the bizarre top-to-toe glitter look she pulled off at the 2010 Grammy Awards to wearing that very tasty raw-meat-gown o the 2012 MTV Music Awards – Did you want Jimmy’s sauce with that?
She does have one look, however, that I am completely GaGa over: The Hair Bow
It is absolutely adorable, kicks your bad-hair-day in the butt and is sooooo easy to create!
Wait…WHAT? Yup, you can create it in just a jiffy and I’m going to tell you how…
What you need:
- A hair brush
- A ceramic plated flat iron – GHD & Vaudry are two very good products to try
- A hair elastic – don’t be stupid, use the colour of your hair
- Bobby pins
- A strong hairspray – I love the Tony and Guy Glitter Spray for blondes
What you do:
- Flat iron your hair to smooth any flyaways and create a glossy shine
- Decide on the size of the bow: If you want a everyday look, you will only need to tie half of your hair with the hair up. For a bold bow, tie all of your hair in a side ponytail for a large Lady Gaga hair bow.
NOTE TO SELF: Consider the length of your hair. Short hair = small bow and visa verca.
- Pull your hair into a half ponytail on the spot you would like the bow (it will create a little bun)
- Split the bun in half
- Grab the remaining back piece and bring it forward in-between the two halves
- Secure the piece with bobby pins
- Pin the bottom of the bow down to your head
- If you want a bigger & fuller bow, tease the bow out carefully and pin down
- Pin down any other naughty flyaway pieces
- And ssssssspray it baby
If you are still struggling, check out the various hair tutorials on YouTube!
If you are a lazy bum, you can always just buy a premade hair bow I found Cotton Candy Sugar Rush Hair Bows on the while surfing the net. They have beautiful, brightly-coloured hairbows attached to hair bands or hair clips. Check them all out!
It is as easy as that Have fun bowing girls!
$46 - davidandgoliathtees.com
£75 - urbanoutfitters.co.uk
$75 - shopakira.com
$350 - nordstrom.com
$45 - piperlime.gap.com
$29 - barneys.com
$20 - swiss-miss.com
If you are a accessory junkie like moa, listen up… Our favourite little pink store is having the ultimate R100 for 4 sale!
That’s right, you pick 4 of the items on the selected racks for a mere 100 bokke. Think rings, earring, headbands, sunnies, clips, bangles, pins and more!
Hurry up though, cause as you can imagine – stock is going QUICK! So go BLING up your fashion bum at your closest store today
Sooooo one of Cape Town’s favourite horse racing events is happening this Saturday…
Yup it is J&B Met time again and all the fashion junkies have already picked their best hat that shouts out MADE DIFFERENT! That’s the very interesting theme for J&B Met 2012 and I’m so excited to witness those extra impressive creations!
This is just a quick heads-up that Ubuntu Deals is selling general access tickets for a mere R87.00! So whether you actually know anything about the races or just feel like parading around like you are a part of Cape Town’s elite, visit http://ubuntudeal.co.za/cape-town/deals/jb-met-tickets-capetown-tourism/ and get your ticket now. There is about 2 hours left before this fantabulous deal comes to an end…
If you do end up going, holla at a girl when you there to share some betting tips hay!
I recently stopped smoking…7 days ago. So did mates @_justBEN_ and @Eden_Peel . Why the sudden decision to stop after two years? A beeeeeg night out and 3 packets of smokes later I couldn’t talk at all and just realized IT’S TIME POPPIE! I can tell all potential smoking quitters that it is not easy! Thus the reason for this post: it is a reminder of why I decided to stop and will (hopefully) act as a note of encouragement when I feel like lighting one up.
I really had such a great love/hate relationship with Marlboro Gold and my lil heart feels a bit broken this past week.
I MISS YOU BEAUTIFUL BOX OF LIGHTS!
But like all break ups I’m remembering the good and the bad and THAT’S whats going to get me through this:
- Smoking keeps you skinny :D yeah buddy!
- It gives you something to do when you bored
- It is a convo starter: Umm do you have a lighter for me please? (big smile)
- awkward silence ice breaker
- Tastes SO good with coffee
- Tastes SO good after dinner
- Tastes SO good after a long day at the office
- Tastes SO nice with a double vodka & Redbull in your other hand
- Gives you an excuse to step out of the office
- Relieves stress and stops my tjanking over ex-boyfriends (that’s how I started smoking by the way)
- Makes traffic a bliss
- You make friends with other smoking randoms
- Bonding with my dad & my brother & my boss
- Helps tequila go down easier
- It gives you an adrenaline rush when you think someone saw you (beginner smokers only)
Except for the fact that smoking is so unhealthy and it gives you all types of cancer…This is what else sucks about smoking:
- You stink. Your breath stinks, your clothes stinks, your hair stinks, your car stinks
- It makes your teeth and fingertips go yellow – so gross!
- It is KUK expensive!
- You can’t breathe in the gym
- Getting cranky if you don’t have one in like 2 hours
- You ash in your own drink
- You burn holes in your FAV rokkie
- Head rushes (not always bad though :P)
- Burning other smokers and other smokers burn you #scarredforlife
- Sore throats after a 2-packets-night-out
- Standing in the rain just to satisfy the crave
- Getting a fine for throwing your bud out the window
- The wind blowing your bud back in the car which makes you drive like a lunatic
- Wasting expensive lip gloss on those damn buds
- Broken cigarettes and spillage of tobacco in my Louis Vitton bag :/
- Blowing smoke in your own eye
- Having non-smokers complain in your ear
- Needing one SO bad and you can’t find a lighter ANYWHERE
- Being thrown off the main (non-smoking) dance floor during you’re your @dj_va_va set
- Cheap-ass smokers bumming off you the whole night – I did mention it is KUK expensive right!?!
- Being late for a meeting cause you just had to have a quick one
Yea-yea I can hear a few friends reading this post saying “I told you so!!”
Apparently most people try to quit smoking five to seven times before they’re successful. Well this is my first time quitting and hopefully, by the remembering the good and the bad, I’ll be an official non-smoker in no-time.
For all my smoking friends – PLEASE DON’T TEMPT ME!!!
Puff-Puff… I’ll pass!
Nail art and nail wrapping is the latest trend on every girl’s… well nails! I bumped into Karinda, beauty editor of Destiny Magazine, last week at Spoilt Hair and Beauty Salon and was astonished by her fingertips’ amazing new look.
She gave the credit to Minx My Nails which I immediately checked out online…Below are some of my fav designs:
Sooooo what the F***ingertip is Minx? On the site they explain that Minx is a solid film with a heat activated adhesive back. The film is applied to the nail bed and placed under a heat lamp. The heat gives Minx the ease to fit and “melt” around the curves of your nails and then seal it onto the nail beds.
Although the application is done with a bit of difficulty, you can easily remove them yourself using heat from hot water or a hairdryer. Don’t worry, the creators promise that it won’t fall off while you are chilling in the hot tub! It has a waterproof seal that will only release when the seal is forcefully broken with a sharp object such as an orange stick.
Your Minx nails should last for at least 1-2 weeks and will not chip like your average nail polish (AWE!) and as a bonus, it can be applied to gel, acrylic, silk or natural nails – no discrimination there. LOL.
Practice makes perfect and with enough of it you will soon be able to do your own Minx nails using the training kit. But I suggest as virgin Minxers, you visit one of the listed salons to get it professionally done.
Minx has been worn by international celebrities such as Beyance Knowles, Victoria Beckham, Rihana, Jennifer Lopez, Blake Lively, Christina Aguilera, Pink, Lady Gaga, Fergie, Avil Lavigne, Pamela Anderson, Heidi Klum… and the list goes on. Minx is also famous on artists’ CD covers and it’s been worn in their music videos.
All the styles and stockiest as well as more info on these pretty little tips is available on their website.
I’m definitely making my appointment soonies. So go on girls – NAIL IT!
With love from LeO*